moderated Re: #suggestion Member Notice for Donations or Sponsorships #suggestion

Andy Wedge

On Thu, Nov 4, 2021 at 01:01 AM, Andrea McGhee wrote:
I think you have misunderstood my intent.
No. I didn't misunderstand your intent. I received a message after I made a sponsorship. What I didn't pick up on initially was that the message was sent to me as an Owner/Mod of my group not as the member.

This leads me to other thoughts on using Member Notices for this purpose though. What I would want as a member who sponsored a group is an acknowledgement of that sponsorship that shows the amount.  The amount will vary between members but there is no facility at present to define variables or symbolic parameters in a Member Notice where the amount could be inserted.

I agree with you that it would be helpful for members to receive an acknowledgement of sponsorship but think that a fixed format notification rather than a free format Member Notice allowing substitution of variable amounts would be simpler and quicker to implement.

Regards
Andy