moderated Re: Really lock a topic #suggestion

Bruce Bowman

On Tue, Nov 2, 2021 at 10:31 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
I just posted this request:
https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/30721
The request is to change "Moderated" hashtags so that only replies to the topic are moderated, not the first message itself (which seems to make no sense).
J -- Yeah, I saw that.

If that gets implemented, then Bruce, all you have to do is tell your mods to put the same hashtag on the post that they've already been doing (the one that's Locked), but make the tag both Moderated and Locked.
I find myself unable to support this. It doesn't address my use case, inasmuch as I would now have to moderate the first message, which didn't require that before. Not only that, but as Andy and Malcolm have already stated, it breaks existing behavior that some may rely upon. I struggle to understand why this is preferable to implementing the original proposal, which doesn't break anything.

Anyway, this is my last post on the subject. My suggestion will stand or fall on its own merits. Never in my wildest dreams did I think it would spark such controversy.

Bruce