locked Re: Calendar is live

David P. Dillard

There is also another matter to consider here when making comparisons with Yahoo Groups, Google Groups and Facebook. When is the last time you saw the owner of any of these corporations posting how to use these groups information daily, answering questions and so forth. This is not duplicated in any other group service. The user is basically on their own.

Sincerely,
David Dillard
Temple University
(215) 204 - 4584
jwne@temple.edu

On Mon, 10 Nov 2014, Ian Gillis wrote:

On 10 November 2014 07:39, J. Faulkner <jfaulkner44@embarqmail.com> wrote:
I ask this because members on a lot of the groups that I belong to feel that Neo is sort of a copy of
Google Groups/Facebook.  That’s the big complaint on the groups now, ‘what was wrong with the old Yahoo
Groups’ that it had to be changed to look like the other social media.
​Dear Judy,
"What was wrong with the old Yahoo Groups?" - well, even those totally devoted to the old UI must concede that the old
Yahoo Groups was so full of patched and buggy heritage code that it needed rewriting. It's a pity that Melissa's lot
went about the way they did, instead of a consultative phase that listened to people and incorporated the better
features​ of the old groups and other groups such as Google Groups and FB, together with the introduction of new killer
features that perhaps people didn't realise they wanted.
I personally am very encouraged by the approach that Mark is taking toward Groups IO. He's clearly got the expertise to
create a sympathetic alternative to Yahoo but is using a lot of time that could otherwise be spent coding in listening
and replying to people like us who have suffered under Yahoo. I wish him every success in the creation of a group
server that can be easily sold even to those most resistant to change.
regards,
Ian
 tessel.bas@gmail.com or iangillis@iee.org
Site Web http://www.notrevieenfrance.net