moderated Re: Really lock a topic #suggestion

Bruce Bowman

On Sun, Oct 31, 2021 at 12:47 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
This was a long and hard-won battle...
J -- My use case, if that helps:

We have a Moderator who posts a weekly "news note." It's an announcement; she doesn't want any replies. So I created a hashtag to lock the topic immediately. Nonetheless, it seems that every week one of the other Mods posts a well-meaning "thank-you" message or something of the sort. Short of taking away their Mod privileges, I have to way to prevent them from doing this.

For my edification, I would be interested in hearing more about the "battle" you are referring to.

Regards,
Bruce