moderated Re: renaming file doesn't notify if initial posting didn't #bug

Glenn Glazer

On 10/24/2021 06:19, Bruce Bowman wrote:
On Sat, Oct 23, 2021 at 03:44 PM, Glenn Glazer wrote:
1) Upload a file, do not click notify members.
2) Used the update icon to rename the file
3) When doing 2), click Notify Members
4) Afterwards, no one gets a notification, including owners and moderators.
Glenn -- The File Notifications section of your Subscription says "How to be notified when a folder is modified or file is uploaded." [italics added] There is no mention of a notification associated with the Update File activity.

Do you wish to add this as a new notification, or remove the checkbox from the Update File dialog?

Regards,
Bruce

Hi, Bruce.

Perhaps we read things differently, but to me, renaming a file is modifying it.

That aside, I wish this to be a (new) notification because that's what people in my group wanted and found the presence of the checkbox deceptive.

Best,

Glenn

--
#calcare