moderated Re: Change in xxx@groups.io address during group creation results in prior address used in welcome message #bug

Alan Epstein

I see the issues now. Perhaps a simple pop up explaining that certain settings need to be changed.

Thanks the help.

_Alan

On Fri, Oct 22, 2021 at 2:42 PM, Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...> wrote:
On Fri, Oct 22, 2021 at 01:17 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
It looks like you created a group and then changed the name of the group. When a group is created, a welcome message for the group is also created. When the group name is changed, we don't update the welcome message, because it might have been changed. I believe that's what happened here.
I think there are other member notices affected besides just the Welcome notice. Also, wiki entries may now contain dead links, footer links in emails previously sent will now generate 404 errors, etc. Ref: https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/wiki/8127

Not suggesting that you should never start on this, but it may be difficult to find a good place to stop.

Regards,
Bruce