moderated Re: Change in xxx@groups.io address during group creation results in prior address used in welcome message #bug

Hello,

On Fri, Oct 22, 2021 at 6:32 AM Alan Epstein via groups.io <ade26g=pm.me@groups.io> wrote:
I started creating a group and used an initial address (eg: xxx@groups.io). When it flagged that address as invalid, I changed it to another (eg: yyy@groups.io).

When inviting people, the invite message they received used the correct (yyy@groups.io) address. However, upon acceptance, the confirmation email they received (ie: "you're in!") used the original address (xxx@groups.io). Very confusing!
_._,_._,_
It looks like you created a group and then changed the name of the group. When a group is created, a welcome message for the group is also created. When the group name is changed, we don't update the welcome message, because it might have been changed. I believe that's what happened here. You can change the welcome message by going to Settings under Admin and then clicking the Member Notices button.

I'm open to changing the behavior so that if the group name is changed, that we also redo the welcome message with the new name/email. Thoughts?

Thanks,
MarkĀ