moderated Re: Notify member when their message is automatically deleted due to hashtag duration #suggestion

On Mon, Oct 18, 2021 at 05:05 PM, Tom Vail wrote:
That may be logical to you, but no to me.  As an IT professional, the longer retention date would always take precedence
I don't know what being an IT professional has to do with this. I myself did software for 15+ years. This is simple logic. Using your argument, a hashtag with no duration (i.e., no restriction) would take precedence over a hashtag with a finite duration, thus nullifying the entire feature.

If you want to get all technical about it, I'd say hashtag restrictions should be treated as "and"'s,  not "or"s.