moderated Re: Notify member when their message is automatically deleted due to hashtag duration #suggestion

Andy Wedge

On Sat, Oct 16, 2021 at 07:03 AM, Tom Vail wrote:
When a message is automatically deleted due to hashtag duration, send the member a notice that it has been deleted, or better yet, will be deleted in 2 days.
If a message is deleted then it cannot be recovered so I'm wondering what benefit there is in telling the member after the event. Also, as J pointed out, topics can be deleted based upon hashtag duration and many people can contribute to a topic so are you suggesting that they all get a notification?  What am I missing because I'm struggling to see any benefit from this?

Andy