moderated Re: Notify member when their message is automatically deleted due to hashtag duration #suggestion

I disagree. The greater restriction (shorter duration) should take precedence, logically.

On Oct 15, 2021, at 11:03 PM, Tom Vail <tom@...> wrote:

When a message is automatically deleted due to hashtag duration, send the member a notice that it has been deleted, or better yet, will be deleted in 2 days.

The member would have no way of knowing their message was deleted if the duration has expired, especially if duration is changed my the moderator.

Also, if there are 2 hashtags with different durations, it seem from a data integrity point of view that the longest duration should determine the deletion point.

Thanks for your consideration.

Tom