locked Re: Calendar is live

David P. Dillard

I completely disagree that the IO Groups service now present is a Facebook clone. The aspects that I am using for the group that I have on this server is very much like Yahoo Groups in the way it works. The archive of group messages is searchable and the links to the links to the search are persistent (they can be reused by anyone at any time). Facebook is a search nigbtmare. Yahoo Groups archives are also searchable, just very glitchy and unpredictable in Neo. The archives are arranged in reverse chronological order from the most recent post in both Groups IO and Yahoo Groups. Features beyond posting to the group by email and viewing and using archives in a group service are optional and based on the needs of the user and owners as well as the functionality of the application. These are my views on this matter.

Sincerely,
David Dillard
Temple University
(215) 204 - 4584
jwne@temple.edu

On Mon, 10 Nov 2014, J. Faulkner wrote:

Just curious here, will Groups.io be Facebook 2 in disguise or a much better Yahoo Groups?  I ask this because members on
a lot of the groups that I belong to feel that Neo is sort of a copy of Google Groups/Facebook.  That’s the big complaint
on the groups now, ‘what was wrong with the old Yahoo Groups’ that it had to be changed to look like the other social
media.  If all of the various Facebook features are added, why not just join Facebook?

I’m sure there will be a lot of nasty comments, but some people don’t join Facebook because they didn’t like it and now it
looks as if another Facebook is being created.   

Judy F.
SW Florida - USA

Sent: Monday, November 10, 2014 1:18 AM
To: beta@groups.io
Subject: [beta] Re: Calendar is live

Oh, I just came up with another integration idea. Maybe the ability to import specific events from Facebook into the
group. Or the ability to import all events from a Facebook group into the Groups.io calendar?

Join main@beta.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.