moderated Re: Add moderator notification for non-member attempting to post #suggestion

Andy

On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 12:32 PM, Peter Cook wrote:

In my group when a message comes in from a non-member email address (shown in the activity log as "Non-member soandso@... attempted to send message..."), 99% of the time it's an actual member who's using an email other than the one they're subscribed with. ...

You are lucky.  99.9% of the non-member messages I see are spam.

If this feature were to be added, I would want it to be selectable.  I would disable it in my group, because I don't need dozens of new spam notices every day.

I wonder if there's another way to handle the cases you have.  Do they occur from the same small number of group members?  Perhaps they can be encouraged to subscribe under both of their email addresses.

Andy