moderated Re: Hashtag duration conflict - who wins? #misc

Andy

The way I see it, the Hashtag Topic Duration indicates when to delete a Topic, not necessarily a specification of the Topic's ultimate lifetime.  A Hashtag duration of "Forever" is more like "Not limited" or "None", meaning that this Hashtag won't cause the Topic to be deleted.  But having a duration of "Forever" is not a guarantee that the topic lasts forever and you can never delete it, either with another Hashtag or manually.  That's how I see it.

Perhaps use of the word "Forever" is misleading?

I use a few Hashtags here and there, most without any Topic Duration.  The ones with a limited Topic Duration cause the topic to be deleted, even if another Hashtag was  attached.

Andy