moderated Re: Purging personal info per UKGDPR #misc

Work email addresses are considered personal info, since they contain the person’s full name and place of employment. So I guess those need to be scrubbed? IANAL

On Oct 10, 2021, at 9:54 PM, Steve Hayes <hayesstw@telkomsa.net> wrote:

On 10 Oct 2021 at 20:41, J_Catlady wrote:

I wonder whether the simple existence of an email address on a site can be
considered personal information, especially if not linked somehow to a real
name.
If it were, wouldn't that make telephone directories illegal?

Are there plans to have a book burning of all old telephone directories held
in libraries?

--
Steve Hayes
E-mail: shayes@dunelm.org.uk