moderated Private messages sent via groups.io are not logged? #misc

Andy

If someone sends a private reply, it seems the act of sending the message is not logged in the Activity Log.

I'm wondering (a) if my understanding is correct, and (b) if it seems right that groups.io doesn't log it.  I would have thought that it would.  So many other things are logged - private messages to +owner, group messages rejected, etc.  Heck, messages from a Moderator to a member are logged; so why not messages from a member to a member?

(I am not a fan of having the contents of the message in the log; just an entry that says a message was sent.)

Andy