moderated Re: Button Label Clarification for web site reply #suggestion

Chris Jones

On Fri, Oct 8, 2021 at 09:06 AM, Andy Wedge wrote:
So, instead of having just the options Reply, Like and More under a message, why not have  'Reply to Group', 'Reply to Sender', Like and More.  The little arrow symbol next to the word Reply could be duplicated for ' Reply to Group' and left as a single arrow for ' Reply to Sender'. Alternatively, the single arrow could be supplemented with a group head & shoulders icon for ' Reply to Group' or a single person head & shoulders icon  for 'Reply to Sender'.

This would a) make the approach of starting a reply more consistent with email clients b) remove the need for the Private button and c) enable a single 'Send' button to used below the message composition window (more consistency with email clients).
It would also (d) remove the set Default Reply Option that Owners currently have as pointed out in my #30478, and I think that would be a mistake.

I will readily agree that it would look very neat, but as I also said earlier A change of button or tab wording is one thing; a change in available functions is another matter entirely. If there is a genuine difficulty with the existing wording then IMHO resolving that by tinkering with the availability of a function is the wrong solution.

Chris