moderated Re: Non-members becoming Past members? #misc

On Thu, Oct 7, 2021 at 04:42 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
My proposal is to eliminate the creation of a past member record when you unban someone. That fixes Andy's problem.
Unless it creates coding headaches and such, I'd suggest to finetune the proposal instead of doing it wholesale:  Eliminate the creation of a past member record only if you unban a banned address which was originally banned proactively (wasn't a member when banned+no past member record creation)

This leaves those out of the past member list screen entirely so it would still take care of Andy's problem, but would also preserve past member list inclusion for unbanned folks who were members when they were banned hence they should appear in that past member list screen.

Cheers,
Christos