moderated Re: Non-members becoming Past members? #misc

Andy

On Thu, Oct 7, 2021 at 04:42 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
My proposal is to eliminate the creation of a past member record when you unban someone. That fixes Andy's problem.

I think that matches my expectation.  (Then again, what I think often does not jibe with what others think, or with the reasons behind something.)

If someone wasn't ever a member, I would think they should not appear on a list of members, past or otherwise.  Using the word "member" implies actual group membership, even if it really only means that you have a record of that address.

If this is being done only to satisfy my strange peculiarities, I'd say don't do it just for me.  Maybe it's a good thing to keep that record of an email address that was banned and unbanned.

Andy