moderated Re: Button Label Clarification for web site reply #suggestion

Mike Hanauer

Thanks so much for the brainstorming Mark.

Another, perhaps better or easier/straighforward solution might be to have two buttons to the left, one "Send to Group" and the other "Send to Sender" - and eliminate the private button. "Discard" can stay, perhaps on the right.

Consider Better, not Bigger. So many advantages. Just ask. USA adds a Chicago to our overpop each year.
"Still more population growth is not our way to a healthy community, a healthy planet, OR enjoyable cycling."

    ~Mike

On Thursday, October 7, 2021, 04:00:12 PM EDT, Mike Hanauer via groups.io <mghanauer@...> wrote:

Thanks Mark. Now see your point. I think, still, I would retain sender. Me thinks changing terminology is a bigger problem.
I don't think "author" is used elsewhere.

Consider Better, not Bigger. So many advantages. Just ask. USA adds a Chicago to our overpop each year.
"Still more population growth is not our way to a healthy community, a healthy planet, OR enjoyable cycling."

    ~Mike

On Thursday, October 7, 2021, 03:53:31 PM EDT, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

On Thu, Oct 7, 2021 at 12:50 PM Mike Hanauer via groups.io <MGHanauer=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
It IS the sender. It is probably the author. FURTHER, "sender" is what you use in many other contexts -- why introduce another inconsistency. Reply to sender is everywhere. And then "Reply to Sender" BUT "Send to Author".  Yuck me thinks.

Yes, I will be fixing the Send to/Reply to inconsistency. I was asking about Send to Sender changed to something else, because yes, that sounds a bit weird.