moderated Re: Button Label Clarification for web site reply #suggestion

Bruce Bowman

On Thu, Oct 7, 2021 at 03:53 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Yes, I will be fixing the Send to/Reply to inconsistency. I was asking about Send to Sender changed to something else, because yes, that sounds a bit weird.
My understanding:  The original complaint was that clicking "Reply to Sender" didn't make it clear that the button actually closed the editor and sent a message.

Personally, I was not confused by this, and did not consider it broken...but I guess others disagree. That being the case, "Send to Sender" doesn't sound so bad. At least it tells you what's going to happen.

"Send to Author" doesn't work so well if the original post was a quote. "Post to Sender?" "Send to Originator?" They all have their problems, and are no better than "Reply to Sender" was. How about "Close and Send" with the actual destination indicated (and toggled as appropriate) elsewhere?

I will find some way to adapt to whatever we end up with. Wondering now if others will be so accommodating.

Regards,
Bruce