moderated Re: Button Label Clarification for web site reply #suggestion

Mike Hanauer

It IS the sender. It is probably the author. FURTHER, "sender" is what you use in many other contexts -- why introduce another inconsistency. Reply to sender is everywhere. And then "Reply to Sender" BUT "Send to Author".  Yuck me thinks.

But, the main point is that if "private" is chosen, and even reclicked, "Send" reverts back to "Reply" for both cases.

    ~Mike

On Thursday, October 7, 2021, 03:37:47 PM EDT, Mike Hanauer <mghanauer@...> wrote:

I think "Sender" is the more recognized.

But, the main point is that if "private" is chosen, and even reclicked, "Send" reverts back to "Reply" for both cases.

    ~Mike

On Thursday, October 7, 2021, 03:32:18 PM EDT, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

On Thu, Oct 7, 2021 at 12:04 PM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:

There's also now an inconsistency in the terminology as we have 'Send to Group' but the private message option says 'Reply to Sender'.  If you were just thinking of changing instances of Reply to Send then 'Send to Sender' really doesn't sound good.

Hmmmm. How about 'Send to Author'?