moderated Re: Editing Photos has less capability than editing Files #bug

On Mon, Oct 4, 2021 at 11:16 AM, Chris Jones wrote:
if you know the first letter of the wanted member's Display Name operating that key repeatedly will scroll through all those with that as the initial letter of their Display Name, ignoring all those with a different initial letter.

Still a bit tedious, but better than having to go through the entire list.
You're right, better than nothing!  But what would really make things easy/quick in that dropdown (and also the same dropdown in Files) is if it allowed slower typing of a partial or full name/address value with the subsequent matching as you type, and/or an outright Ctrl-V paste and match.

I mean, it kind of already "supports" both in a sense, as if one let's say is looking for username Peter (and for the sake of argument assume the group has only one), if they type that ultra-ultra-fast, it will find it right away.  But it took me 5 tries to be able to type it fast enough so it matched right away, all it took was to either make a mistake or be too slow and it would now jump and match on the mistaken or slow-typed letter, so unless if all users have few-letter usernames and you are a ultra-fast typist, forget trying to quickly match on username, let alone email address...

I don't know how much work it would require to make it match to the whole typed value as it gets typed, but I think just adding support for Ctrl-V pasting of a value after the dropdown has been opened should be easy and quick and it would make assigning the Owner instantaneous pretty-much since when we mods assign/change owner we already know who it's going to be assigned to so we can have the pertinent value (username or emaill addy) already copied.

I just posted this as a suggestion in a new topic.

Cheers,
Christos