moderated Re: Web/App notifications mean emails are not necessary #misc

Duane

On Thu, Sep 30, 2021 at 03:13 PM, Andy Wedge wrote:
Is there any alternative or anything in the pipeline that would allow a greater separation between app notifications and emails?
I think the capability is built, just not available to members.  The Member Notifications for Messages (in their Subscription options) would work like the Moderator Notifications where we can select to receive them: 1) Email and web/app, 2) Email only, 3) Web/App only, or 4) None.  (The current options for Members are Web/App Notifications or None.)  Your members would choose 3, along with their other preferences for messages.  The only difficulty I see is that if they choose None, it would effectively be No Email.  Maybe remove the None option for Members?