Non-members becoming Past members? #misc

Andy

Groups.io lets you ban an email address even if it does not belong to a current group member.  From time to time I ban addresses of people who are not my group's members yet.  OK, maybe I am abusing the "ban" function.  I'm trying to either make sure they can't join, or trying to give the hint that their repeated messages are not wanted.  Recently I did some house-cleaning and un-banned some addresses that I realized were temporary.

To my surprise, those un-banned addresses now appear as Past Members, even though they never were members.

This doesn't seem right.

The other thing is that some banned members who WERE group members, do not show up as Past Members.

Andy
(who realizes someone should probably break the "Ban User" button on his computer)