On Sun, Sep 19, 2021 at 4:30 PM Christos Psarras <christos@...
1. Group setting (and membership) is set to unmoderated.
2. A particular topic (TopicOLD) is manually set to moderated by the mod.
3. A user pulls the old "too lazy to create a new topic" switcheroo and they click on Reply to one of those (now moderated) TopicOLD messages, either through email or online, changes the subject to a new one, adds the text, and sends it as a "new" to them topic, but which as we know now contains the In-Reply-To: entry referencing a message which now points to a moderated topic.
4. When the message is parsed, the new-topic subject rules are applied but it seems the in-reply-to rules are also applied.
5. This causes the message to correctly create a new topic (TopicNEW) which technically should not be moderated as it's a new topic, but the message still ends up in the pending queue.
This should be fixed now.