moderated Re: Re the Reply button on Emails #suggestion

On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 8:39 AM Margo Seegrist via groups.io <rli=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
A number of members in my group - and I used to be one of them - would read an email from the group and click on Reply.  The groups.io software puts the name in the To box as, for instance mine which is normally rli@... - it puts it as rli=aol.com@groups.io.  Naturally they get the email back with a Mailer Daemon.  Is there any way to keep this from happening?  I know (now) to click on the Reply to Sender near the bottom of the email but it's habit to click on reply since that's how all the other emails work.
_._,_._,_
We set the Reply-To email header so that hitting the reply button in an email client should work correctly. I think this should only happen if someone hits Reply-All in their email client, which would include the group as well as the rli=aol.com@groups.io address (in your case). Unfortunately there's nothing we can do about that.