moderated Re: Icon display consistency issue when setting a topic to both locked and moderated #bug

On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 10:48 AM, Christos Psarras wrote:
No, that wasn't the argument, after all mods can always post to locked topics regardless.
That is not correct, if you mean that moderators' messages to a locked topic are not moderated. In fact, you yourself wrote this:
"

>>> Why? A locked topic does not accept further posts irrespective of any moderation status.

Not a 100% correct statement; from regular users, yes it doesn't, but it still accepts messages from admins just fine.  The difference is that if also moderated, the message goes into pending, but if not it sails through."

And *that* bolded statement is correct. Moderators' messages will be moderated in moderated topics UNLESS the mod is also marked "P" (overried: can post). So your argument (bolded statement) for displaying both icons seems, or seemed at that point, to be that it allows moderators to know that the topic is also moderated (in addition to being locked) to give them a heads up about their own posts. And that is the only valid argument, in my opinion. Your original argument, which you now restate (moving target?;):
"The argument was that the icon display is (visually) acting inconsistently compared to the other icons' display."

is not really accurate IMO. This is a very different situation from two icons/settings equal in the hierarchy, such as Locked and Sticky. Those don't have any dependence on each other.