moderated Re: What does "Banned Domains" actually mean or do? #misc

On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 7:58 AM Andy <AI.egrps+io@...> wrote:
I think I have convinced myself that "Banned Domains" does nothing.

I have banned a few domains that send only spam.  When I check the Activity Log for "Message rejected from banned domain", there is nothing in the log.  And we continue to see messages sent to the group from those domains.

We reject messages from non-subscribers to groups that allow posts from non-subscribers that come from banned domains.

I think your group is not configured to allow posts from non-subscribers?