moderated Re: Replies to moderated topics which end up starting new topics still get moderated #bug

Bruce Bowman

On Sun, Sep 19, 2021 at 07:30 PM, Christos Psarras wrote:
4. When the message is parsed, the new-topic subject rules are applied but it seems the in-reply-to rules are also applied.
5. This causes the message to correctly create a new topic (TopicNEW) which technically should not be moderated as it's a new topic, but the message still ends up in the pending queue.
Christos -- Interesting.

I don't know if it's intentional or not, but I do like the existing behavior. If I set up a topic to be moderated, I don't want people to be able to circumvent that setting simply by changing the subject line. Holding it in moderation also gives me an opportunity to change it back, if that seems like the appropriate thing to do.

If that means I occasionally have to moderate a message that doesn't really need it, so be it (the fact that they'll end up waiting for their post to appear is a bonus).

Regards,
Bruce