moderated Re: Count mod-edited approval as an approved message #suggestion

Andy

I apologize if this is something I should know and/or if it's documented.

Why does approving a new member's message (with "Unmoderate After 1 Approved Message") not also unmoderate them?  Why must Moderators also click the "Approve and Unmoderate" button, or go back to the member and disable their Override moderation setting?

I'm asking this as a reply here, because it might be related to the OP's question.  What is the deal (or what is the point) with the "Unmoderate After ..." setting?  From where I sit, it does not seem to do anything.  Why is that?

Andy