moderated Error message on trying to attach files #bug

A group member is receiving an error message on trying to attach files to his messages, and then the second time he tries, the attachment goes through and everything is fine. The first try, he gets this error message:

Syntax error: unexpected token < in JSON at position 2

and the file fails to attach, but otherwise the message goes through normally. He then tries again and gets no error message and the message comes through with the attachment. This has happened to him twice within a few days. The first time it was a pdf, and the second time it was a jpeg.

I've already sent details to Mark at support but am posting here in case anyone else wants to add that they've also experienced this.