moderated Re: Evaluating turning on DMARC #update

Chris,

OTOH that might be the lesser of two evils...

Says the guy whose From address is already being rewritten. ;-)

But your example does serve to show that Ken's concern about identifying the author has been suitably mitigated by the way Groups.io rewrites the From address (as opposed to the way Yahoo Groups botched the rewrite).

Still, the downstream impacts ("collateral damage") of From rewriting are such that I'd prefer to eliminate the need altogether. Which is what the proposed ARC mechanism is supposed to do, but I'm not sure where that is in terms of adoption by mailbox providers.

Shal