moderated Re: Member unable to close a poll #bug

On Sun, Sep 12, 2021 at 9:30 AM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:
On Sun, Sep 12, 2021 at 05:01 PM, Duane wrote:
It appears that the options are only unavailable if the topic is locked (by a mod.)
In common with others (as discussed on this group), my group polls are locked when they are created due to the lock topic attribute on the #poll-notice hashtag so that replies by email are automatically rejected. A member still needs to be able to close a poll that they created as described in the manual.

That always felt like a hack to me. What if we do something different? What if there would be a new option on a poll, to not allow discussion? And then I'd change the locked topic behavior so that no changes to the poll, including new responses, could be made. This way, locking a poll topic behaves more like locking a 'normal' topic.

Thanks,
MarkĀ