moderated Re: Duplicate log entries for approving pending messages #bug

I agree. This problem is the reason I had to completely stop even looking at pending messages in the two groups in which I’m a sort of subsidiary mod. The minute I open a message, I’m logged as having claimed it, which is extremely misleading (I think the word “wrong” would not be hyperbolic).

I don’t think this is a problem with having two log entires. I think there should be separate log entries for (a) claiming a message and (b) acting on it. The problem is the overzealousness of (a).

On Sep 12, 2021, at 3:26 AM, Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...> wrote:

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 10:18 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
I do take slight issue, though, with simply opening a pending message causing it to be "claimed." That's not what happens when you look at a pending member, where you have to explicitly claim it.
Therein lies the problem. Obviously, I cannot moderate a message without reading it. If I open the message to read it and simply close it, the message is not claimed.

I always thought I had to open a message in the editor to claim it. Even the docs say that.

I don't think it's appropriate for the log to say I did something that I didn't do.

Thanks,
Bruce