moderated Re: What does "Banned Domains" actually mean or do? #misc

That all is beyond my wheelhouse. But interesting.

On Sep 2, 2021, at 8:20 AM, Andy <AI.egrps+io@...> wrote:

On Thu, Sep 2, 2021 at 10:28 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
2. Sending messages from a banned domain: If someone can't join a group because their domain is banned, they're not in the group, so messages from them to the group bounce just like messages from any other non-member.

Hmm.  I was hoping that messages sent from a banned domain would be rejected because they came from a banned domain.  (Never mind the fact that they also are not a member.)

There seems to be some difference between banning a domain, and banning a specific address in that domain.  If I ban a domain, they just keep sending spam as if nothing happened.  If I ban an address, they seem to notice that their messages bounce because that address was banned, and change to a new address in the same domain.

Andy