moderated Re: Use bounce tracking on private replies #suggestion

Bruce Bowman

On Fri, Aug 20, 2021 at 07:26 PM, Shal Farley wrote:
In attempting to reproduce Sean's problem I noticed that my Email Delivery History contained no record of the successful delivery of the Private reply.
https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/30105
Private replies sent via email are go directly to the recipient; they never go through groups.io and thus cannot be logged. Private replies sent via the web interface could conceivably be logged; and yet, I wonder if creating a discrepancy of this sort -- based only on how the message was sent -- could become a source of future confusion.

I think it would be useful to log the response to those, especially in cases where they bounce.
I could be mistaken, but I was under the impression that all bounces are logged.

Regards,
Bruce