moderated Re: Banned from groups.io? #misc

Hello,

On Thu, Aug 19, 2021 at 7:44 AM David Bryant <david@...> wrote:
Today when I checked on activity in my group I saw a new message. Two of them, actually.

xxx@yyy was banned from Groups.io

Two of my members have been rather unceremoniously removed from my group. This has never happened before. They don't even show up on the list of past members (I pay $20 a month for premium features).

Here's what happened. Member A, as you mentioned, sent a spam message yesterday to the group. Member B reported that message to Linode, our hosting service. As a matter of course, we are required to act upon these complaints or Linode turns off access to our site.

I investigated and disabled both accounts. I disabled Member A's account, because they sent the spam. I disabled Member B's account, because they reported the message to Linode, and not to you, the group owner.

I have re-enabled Member A's account and resubscribed them to your group (along with the Override: Moderated setting). If Member B updates his SpamCop settings so that they don't automatically report group messages to Linode, I will re-enable their account as well.