moderated Re: Banned member is still a member?? #bug

Andy

Hmm.  I don't know if the following is more about the problem, or if I just misunderstand how it works.

Let's say address abc@xyz is on the Banned Members list.  Once there, it seems there are two ways to also "Remove" that member -- whatever "Remove" means.  Read on.

(A)  Click on the line for abc@xyz in the list of Banned Members.  At the bottom of the page, there is a bright red button "Remove".  Click that.  A dialog box says "Are you sure you wish to remove this member from the group?"  Click Yes.  Poof --> They are no longer on the Banned list!

Pardon my French, but WTF?

This suggests at least two big questions:

(1)  If someone is Banned, are they not also Removed from the group?  Is it really necessary to also Remove them, after Banning them?  They already are not on the Members List.  Are they still members even though not on the Members List?

(2)  When answering Yes to "remove from the group", why are they suddenly no longer Banned?  What's up with that?!?  Does this mean they really are not Banned and can re-join the group?

Apparently, "remove from the group" or "unsubscribe" really means "Un-ban".  WTF?

My head hurts.  (Up too late.)

Andy