moderated Banned member is still a member?? #bug

Andy

Yesterday I banned someone from our group.  Today, about 30 hours later, that same member apparently unsubscribed himself from the group, via the web.

How is that possible?  Doesn't banning them make them not a group member anymore?

It was the same exact address.  After banning them, I saw that they were no longer listed in the Members list.  And yet, they could somehow get access to their group Subscription and unsubscribe themself.  How?

I'm not sure what is going on.  Part of my concern is that I don't want a banned member to have access to any of the group's resources, yet it appears that they might have had access to the group, and were only LISTED as not being a member anymore.

Confused,
Andy