moderated Re: Log rejected messages #suggestion

On Thu, Aug 12, 2021 at 10:05 AM, Duane wrote:
you'd get the same results by using your own email records for searching.
Maybe but the same could be said of the message archive. Why not just search through all your emails for any groups.io message you want to find? In fact, wjhy not go back to a pure email-only system?

I think storing the non-group-sent messages in a dedicated archive is better than glomming them all into the activity log, because I agree with Andy that that bogs it down. And already, some of them are going there anyway (mod message to member, invite, rejection notice). The glaring lack are the rejected messages themselves. I also don't see bcc'ing all mods by default as "a little tweak." Maybe a programming little tweak, but large in its effect.