moderated Re: Log rejected messages #suggestion

Bruce Bowman

On Tue, Aug 10, 2021 at 06:34 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
Just as the text of mod messages to members are now logged, it would be convenient to log the text of rejected messages within the "rejected" log entry.
J -- I can understand why this might be valuable to a group Owner to monitor those who have been assigned Moderator responsibilities...are they being too restrictive/liberal, etc.

At the same time, there are other incoming messages whose content is never logged:

-- +Owner messages from anyone not currently subscribed
-- Spam that groups.io rejected before I ever saw it
-- Non-member posts automatically discarded (based on group settings)
-- Posts arriving from banned email addresses/domains
(Maybe some others that I haven't thought of yet.)

I think groups.io already does a pretty good job of recording activity that has a direct relationship to actual group content. Going beyond that seems like a slippery slope, and I'm just wondering where it all ends.

Regards,
Bruce