moderated Re: renaming a link should leave a pointer from the old name #suggestion

Glenn Glazer

On 08/10/2021 20:31, Duane wrote:
On Tue, Aug 10, 2021 at 05:18 PM, Glenn Glazer wrote:
1) If there is a redirect in place, the upload fails with a message saying MyFile1.zip already exists. This is assumes there is a mechanism to delete a redirect if one really wants to.
On one of my groups, we intentionally have files with the same names in different folders.  They're all related, but have different info in them, so NOT having redirects would be important.

Duane

Which is a reason why there is a specification to have a way to delete the redirect. Alternatively, as I suggested upthread, the move/rename window could have a checkbox to create the redirect and if you don't check it, then everything works as before.

Best,

Glenn

--
#calcare