I dunno. From my perspective, there's no real difference between renaming a file and moving it to another directory: either the file is where it was or it isn't.

Best,

Glenn

On 08/09/2021 20:16, Christos Psarras wrote:

>>> That would work if we could get the upload message to have that behavior.

Or maybe, instead of defaulting the redirect to the Files-root if the file is not found, just "redirect" (stay) in the URL's folder instead?  (provided the folder name exists of course)  At least this way, even if the file itself was renamed it has a higher chance of being found, provided of course it was renamed and not moved...

Cheers,
Christos

On 2021-08-09 19:27, Glenn Glazer via groups.io wrote:
On 08/09/2021 15:32, Christos Psarras wrote:
Glenn,

If it helps any, I personally try to give the only the folder link in a message, and instruct the user to look in there for the file that is for whatever/does whatever.  This way, even if the file itself gets renamed, the description for it shouldn't change, and the link itself to the folder won't (usually) change, as usually folder names stay more or less the same.  Once the user is in the folder, they should find the file based on what they are looking for, and an aptly-crafted description helps with that.

Cheers,
Christos

--
#calcare