moderated Re: renaming a link should leave a pointer from the old name #suggestion

Glenn Glazer

On 08/09/2021 15:32, Christos Psarras wrote:
Glenn,

If it helps any, I personally try to give the only the folder link in a message, and instruct the user to look in there for the file that is for whatever/does whatever.  This way, even if the file itself gets renamed, the description for it shouldn't change, and the link itself to the folder won't (usually) change, as usually folder names stay more or less the same.  Once the user is in the folder, they should find the file based on what they are looking for, and an aptly-crafted description helps with that.

Cheers,
Christos

That would work if we could get the upload message to have that behavior.

Best,

Glenn

--
#calcare