moderated Re: Returning bug: below messages, banned members' names/profiles are viewable, past (not banned) members' profiles are not viewalbe #bug #misc

On Sun, Aug 8, 2021 at 07:01 AM, Bruce Bowman wrote:
I have no banned members
Forgot to mention: Bruce, you can ban a past member for a minute or two (it has absolutely no effect on them), see the result, and then "unban" them. I formerly used to do this precisely because of this bug (or "feature"), namely: banning them allows to see their profile again. You can unban them immediately afterwards (and see their profile go away). They will not be notified, they won't see anything different (unless they try, during those 10 -20 seconds of your test, to go to the group home page), and they will be completely unaware that they have been (technically) "banned." This will only work on search results, as I said below.