moderated Re: Returning bug: below messages, banned members' names/profiles are viewable, past (not banned) members' profiles are not viewalbe #bug #misc

Bruce Bowman

On Sat, Aug 7, 2021 at 10:17 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
Below the message of a member who has left or been removed, i.e., a past (but not banned) member, the display name is invisible and replaced with elipses.
J -- Can you provide a screenshot of this?

I'm seeing the domain portion of the email address replaced by ellipses, but the Display Name seems intact.

But when that same member is banned, the display name (and clickable profile, if it exists) comes back, and it, and the profile, are completely viewable again (and with the incorrect "joined" date equal to the date and time the member was banned, i.e., added to the banned list). Unban the member and it goes away again; ban the member again and it comes back.
I have no banned members. Is the banned member profile viewable to regular Members, or just the Owner?

As for profiles of past members, I'm not in favor of those being visible. When I leave a group I expect my profile to go away, too.

Regards,
Bruce