moderated Re: Spam messages from "Aleksandr via group." #misc

Robert Oshel

I've received two more of Aleksandr's spam messages in Russian.  Maybe the following will help.
Gmail shows:
from:Aleksandr via groups.io <info=s7.refresto.ru@groups.io>                [note the number after the info=s varies in different messages]
reply-to:info@...
to:wpca+owner@wpca.groups.io
date:Jul 27, 2021, 1:34 PM
subject:[WPCA] Предложение
mailed-by:groups.io
signed-by:groups.io
security: Standard encryption (TLS) Learn more

On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 12:03 PM Robert Oshel <robert.oshel@...> wrote:
Mark,

Thank you for blocking all messages sent from non-members with .ru domains to +owner addresses.

In response to Andy's comment, maybe allowing them could be made an option for each group, but even in the absence of doing that, blocking the +owner mail from .ru seems greatly beneficial on balance.  My co-moderator and I really appreciate it!

   Bob

On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 7:45 AM Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:
Hello,

On Thu, Jul 22, 2021 at 12:21 PM Robert Oshel <robert.oshel@...> wrote:
My co-moderator of the WPCA group and I have been receiving numerous spam messages in Russian from "Aleksandr via group." with email addresses from "info=b2b-utc.ru@groups.io", "info=s2.b2b-utc.ru@groups.io", "info=s9.b2b-utc.ru@groups.io", and similar addresses.  I don't know if anything can be done about this, especially if Aleksandr's addresses are spoofed, but I want to report it.

As a reminder, you can set your subscription so that you only receive emails sent to the +owner address from members of your group.

That said, we're now dropping all messages sent from non-members with .ru domains to +owner addresses.