moderated Re: Unexpected muted topic message in the middle of a topic #bug

Paul Kanevsky

On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 02:40 PM, Andy Wedge wrote:
I am guessing that you think a message is muted in this example as the message sequence numbers are not consecutive.  There is no evidence here that message #73009 exists.   My other observation from the screenshots is that the items per page is set to 100 in the first example but 20 in the second. Can you confirm these views are actually taken from the same account?
The funny thing is that this is just part of the problem: this is a single screen shot, showing a single topic in the browser. For some reason, one message appears as 'muted' (73008), and the next message after that seems to start a completely new listing of the same topic, but in the opposite date order, 20 per page (my default setting is 100 per page). It's a very strange behavior, and I can't tell if message 73008 is real or not, or why it shows up the way it does.

Here's the thread, try it for yourself (just make sure to sort it in date-decreasing order):

https://groups.io/g/Losmandy_users/topic/83484031?p=Created,,,100,2,0,0

Regards,

    -Paul