moderated Re: All sorts of surprises just now #bug

Hi Mark,

Please let me know if you see any other gremlins
I just noticed a weird one, a reply to the Welcome Notice (quoted) in one group by someone with the gio munged address, saying they never subscribed.

I checked and that email address in not in that group, present or past.

Seems the Welcome Notice message was sent to them on Jul 24, 2021, at 7:30 PM (based on the quoted text), and they replied on 7:52, same time as it was logged in the log under "Message to +owner" (as it would normally be when a member sent it), but there was no attempt by that address to join, nor there is anything else in the log anywhere (besides the above entry), either on the main or the subgroup logs or under "Non-member message" where the typical spam log entries show.

I didn't reply to it (and told the other mods not to, just in case) but it does look legit, I can send the pertinent info off-list.

Cheers,
Christos