locked Re: Special Announcement override #suggestion

But what I don't understand is, you're so adamant about contracts and violations and such, yet this capability (or feature) of sending blast messages to (overriding) nomail users has been around ever since the admin could select one or more nomail users and sending them a message as special notice (we are only talking about special notices).  Others also suggested doing just that (using the member list way to send the special notice), and yet it's suddenly an issue now.  I'm sorry but I just don't get it.

Cheers,
Christos

On 2021-07-24 18:44, J_Catlady via groups.io wrote:
On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 03:39 PM, Christos Psarras wrote:
it's the same exact thing as an admin selecting the NoMail users and sending those folks a message.
Which, again, is violating the contract. I might leave a group that let me choose no-email and then violated that. It's like you unsub from a mailing list and then get their blast emails anyway. A personal email might be a different story, sent just to that individual. But the proposed feature is to specifically allow violation of a member's no-email choice and send a blast email to everyone, "overriding" the no-email.